The village of Sidney held 3 public forums Friday & Saturday, to gather input as the village looks to update its master plan. Mayor Andy Matviak explains: (Andy Matviak 1-21-13) Mayor Matviak said that the master plan was last updated in 2003; more public forums will be announced shortly. —————————- The Chenango county … [Read more…]
The State Police announced that a website and hotline have been established to answer all questions about the New York SAFE Act. The website is set up through The Governor’s Office at nysafeact.com, where gun owners and licensed dealers will find a list of frequently asked questions that have been compiled and answered by experts on … [Read more…]
Governor Cuomo announced that he would deliver his Budget Address to the legislature on Tuesday January 22nd in Albany. The presentation will begin at 2:00 pm at the Hart Theater at the Egg Center for Performing Arts, it will be streamed at the Governor’s website at governor.ny.gov. ———————————- The Otsego county sheriffs department arrested 20-year-old … [Read more…]
The Village of Sidney is seeking public input to help update the village’s Master Plan, which was last updated 10 years ago. Sidney Mayor Andy Matviak explains: (Andy Matviak 1-18-13) The sessions will all be held at the Sidney high school tonight from 7:00 to 9:00 PM, and tomorrow from 2:00 to 4:00 PM and … [Read more…]
http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/NYS_SAFE_Act/ This is the State Troopers post on the gun law.
P.M. NEWS Thursday 1-17-13 Yesterday’s fire at Matteson Hall on the SUNY Oneonta campus has been ruled accidental. The investigators from the Oneonta Fire Department reported that the fire started as from a malfunction and the improper use of an electric plug strip on the 3rd. Inspectors ruled tat Matteson Hall is structurally sound, but … [Read more…]
Fire fighters from all over the region responded to a fire at Matteson Hall dormitory at the state university at Oneonta yesterday afternoon. The fire broke out in a third floor dorm at around 4:00 PM, the building was safely evacuated the red cross was called in to assist dorm residents, the fire was extinguished … [Read more…]
Fire crews from all over the region are responding to a fire on the top floor at Matteson Hall on the SUCO campus in Oneonta. The Fire was called in at about 4:00 PM, and early reports suggests that all students escaped the dorm without injury. WCDO News will have more information as it becomes … [Read more…]