The Afton and Bainbridge Fire Departments were called to a house fire at 103 Warren Lane in the Town of Afton at around 11:30 Saturday Night. Fire personnel found the mobile home engulfed, they were able to control and extinguish the fire in approximately 30 to 45 minutes. 3 people were found deceased in the residence, they have been identified as 11 year old Craig Gohl, 45 year old Nathan Herbert and 54 year old Anna Ebert, Autopsies determined the cause of death to be asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. The fire started due to smoking materials near a couch. Investigation determined there were no working smoke alarms in the residence, the investigation which is ongoing.
A dedication ceremony was held Friday for the new cancer clinic at Tri-Town Regional Hospital, in honor of the late Bruce Wilhelm. Bassett Hospital President & CEO Doctor Bill Streck comments:
(Dr. Bill Streck)
Wilhelm was a Sidney native who was the first CEO of Tri Town Regional Hospital; he died last year after a lengthy battle with cancer.
The 2nd Annual Family Day Festival is being held Saturday, May 18th at General Clinton Park. Organizers from Molliana’s Mission are accepting artists for their Art Walk from 1:00 to 4:00 pm; more details are available at FamilyDayFestival.org