State Police reported that 43-year-old Christopher Lampert of Enfield was killed after being hit by a car on state route 79. Lampert was hit by a vehicle driven by 21 year old Michael Soule of Enfield Wednesday evening, police said that no charges will not be filed, the investigation is continuing.
Calvin Harris will face his 3rd murder trial, this time it will be heard in Schoharie County. Harris’s attorney’s were seeking a change of venue following 2 convictions in Tioga county court, for the September 11th 2001 murder of his estranged wife Michelle Harris, whose body has never been found
The southern tier regional economic development council discussed their focus for 2014 at a meeting at Binghamton University Thursday. Topics included an update of progress on previous projects, & a review of projects in the most recent round of competitive state funding. In December, the council received an award of 81.9 Million dollars from the state; more information is available at regionalcouncils.ny.gov.
Governor Cuomo announced the award of $67 million dollars for 63 bicycle, pedestrian and multi-use paths transportations enhancement projects across the state, as a way to encourage tourism and economic development. The funds cover 80% of the cost of each project, with the remaining 20% coming for the project’s sponsors. The project includes $406,000 for the South Otsiningo Riverfront Trail in Broome county, and $825,000 for the Front Street Streetscape Improvements in Deposit.