FIRE Fighters s responded to the report of a chimney fire at 128 Hancock road in Sanitaria Springs at around 5:00 Sunday afternoon. The fire spread from the chimney to insulation in the house, occupants escaped without injury and there were no injuries among fire fighters.
25-year-old Timothy Button of Oneonta was charged with 3 counts of 2nd-degree burglary, 2 counts of petty larceny, 5th degree criminal possession of stolen property, 4th degree criminal mischief, in connection with 4 Oneonta area burglaries. Button was sent to Otsego county jail on $15,000 bail to appear at a later day.
Commerce Chenango is looking for candidates for nomination to their Board of Directors. Candidates must be a Chamber member in good standing, Must agree to accept the responsibility of directorship, & must represent the best interest of the membership. Nominations must be received by February 28th.